By joining the Coastal Navigation course you can learn to navigate along the European coastal waters. This shore based training RYA Day Skipper is the theoretical part from RYA Competent Crew and Day Skipper. The classroom courses are in English and include access to our online course as well. Please have a look on the different RYA Shore Based Courses in order to ensure that you start with the right course as more experienced sailors don't nessesary have to start at the beginning. Our online and classroom courses Coastal and Offshore Navigation have been leading since 2001. Blended learning, the combination of online courses and classroom lessons, is the starting point for a good preparation. We also offer private lessons and courses for your sailing club.
Besides online courses our RYA Shore based center offers various coastal navigation courses in Lugano in Swiss and Zeist in The Netherlands.
Our sailing instructor teaches these navigational training with great enthusiasm, already since 2001. The teacher is a CWO (=Dutch Sailing School Association) Certified Sailing Instructor, Watersportverbond (=Dutch Sailing Association) Certified trainer Coastal Navigation and EMCI Certified Yacht Broker & Purchase Appraiser. He also has made many sea miles on yachts sailing on the North Sea, Atlantic, in the Med and Caribbean as instructor and regatta sailor.
CWO Certified Sailing Instructor
RYA Yachtmaster® Offshore, Commercial Endorsement with STCW95
Watersportverbond certified teacher coastal navigation
EMCI Certified Yacht Broker & Purchase Appraiser
The following course material should be ordered online, for example on Amazon.com.
- Portland Course Plotter
- Pencil Compass
- Pencil and eraser
- Students who prefers to have a (print) book additional to this online course, we recommend the RYA Navigation Handbook £18.49, see: www.rya.org.uk/shop.
- Your teacher has the "RYA Training Almanac Northern Hemisphere Edition" available in the classroom and you could also order it online on www.rya.org.uk/shop (also available as e-Book)
Only students who join one of our Shore based classroom courses "Day Skipper" and who would like to receive a RYA Certificate of Completion or who would like to be able to practice at home with the material, could order only through us at the RYA, a Student Pack (Northern Hemisphere) for £38.00 that is including:
- RYA Certificate of satisfactory completion
- DSN Day Skipper Shore Based Course Notes
- DS1 Day Skipper and Watch Leader Northern Hemisphere Exercises and course information
- RYA Training Charts
- Assessment papers
- RYA Training Chart Plotter voucher
The Student Pack will be delivered in the first lesson in the classroom.
- Purchase all course material
- Make a study plan
- Briefly introduce yourself to your sailing instructor by telefoon, WhatsApp, e-Mail or Skype. You can schedule an appointment for that in our realtime diary.